logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter details question

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Wed Jan 13 21:24:09 GMT 2010

> 2nd: Ways should be included if they intersect the bounding box.
> For me it would be perfect if ways are included with all nodes. But it
> is also ok if all inner nodes and for all parts of the way the first
> node out of the bounding box is included. This enables me (and others)
> to calculate the intersection point with the bounding box.

You don't have to reinvent the wheel. This code is already in the
LineClipper and AreaClipper/PolygonClipper classes. As far as I know, it
is called at import of osm files.

Looking at it, I wonder why there are problems. The poylgonClipper does
an java.awt.geom.Area.intersect(bounding box). I would expect it to
return an closed polygon. So why are there incoomplete polygons??

Regards,
Johann