logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [mp: PATCH] Multipolygon handling - decomposed polygons

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Sat Jan 9 12:17:59 GMT 2010

Ralf Kleineisel schrieb:
> On 01/09/2010 10:08 AM, WanMil wrote:
>

>> Another idea is to add some specific tags by the mulitpolygon algorithm
>> that link to the other pieces of the formerly big forrest. This could be
>> evaluated by the SizeFilter?
>>

> Another idea (don't know if this is possible):
>
> You have a big multipolygon forest. You could duplicate it. One copy
> without small inner polygons for the low resolutions. Another copy with
> the inner polygons which gets splitted for the higher resolutions. The
> copies could be marked with some mkgmap internal tag and used later.

May I propose to move the whole multipolygon handling to the filter chain?
Then there is _no need_ for additional tags and duplicated polygons and
possible remerging of them. The filter chain is run for each resolution
level. With each run the poylgons could be handled accordingly.

I don't think, your ideas are wrong. I appreciate your work. But I think
its made more complicated than actually needed.