logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem with nested apply

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Tue Jan 5 21:54:10 GMT 2010

On 05.01.2010 22:41, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
> Hi Felix,
>

>> Actually as you're working on it. Is there an easy way to specify
>> priority of apply for several routes?
>>
> I wish there were, because I would like borders to be named in a logical
> order (biggest entity first if a boundary line belongs to multiple
> admin_levels).
>
> I suppose that there could be some predicate for ordering relations,
> but I don't know how to realize that, both in the language syntax and
> in the implementation.  Do you have any suggestions?

No not really. I think the only way to do it would be to write the
information gathered via relations to an intermediary file where one
could then using another file to define order, run regexp commands to
match rules on the same way against each other and then apply the
outcome to the normal data.
>> P.S
>> My current naming string present over 600 times in my lines file.
>>
> I think that we should consider having macros, or perhaps conditional
> actions within actions to shorten the notation.  Would they be useful
> for you?

Well if you see a way to cut down the length of commands that would be
great. Obviously naming of streets is the most complex task.