logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Help from the style file gurus

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Sat Jan 2 23:58:18 GMT 2010

On 02.01.2010 15:44, Charlie Ferrero wrote:
> Bump...has no-one else managed to solve how to represent one-way bridges?
>
> Charlie Ferrero wrote:
>
>> Hello list,
>>
>> Question #1
>> ===========
>> I am using the overlays style file in combination with a TYP file to
>> define custom styles for one-way streets (overlaid blue arrows in the
>> direction of the one-way, type 0x10), and for bridges (two parallel
>> lines outside the road, type 0x12).  This all works fine.  Where I'm
>> stuck is when I have a one-way street that is also a bridge.  I had
>> assumed that the stop/continue system would help me here, but sadly it
>> doesn't work as I expected.
>>
>> The following are my style rules  for trunk roads:
>>
>> #lines file excerpt:
>> highway=trunk&  (bridge=yes | bridge=true) [0x111 resolution 16 continue]
>> highway=trunk&  oneway!=* [0x02 resolution 16 stop]
>> highway=trunk&  (oneway=yes | oneway=true) [0x123 resolution 16 stop]
>>
>> #overlays file excerpt:
>> 0x111: 0x02, 0x12
>> 0x123: 0x02, 0x10

This code is rubbish (or 10x more complicated then needed).

Use instead:

highway=trunk&  (bridge=yes | bridge=true) [0x12 resolution 16 continue]
highway=trunk&  (oneway=yes | oneway=true) [0x10 resolution 16 continue]
highway=trunk  [0x02 resolution 16]

>> Applying these rules results in one-way bridges having the bridge
>> styling, but no one-way symbols (see attached screenshot; the fact that
>> the railway is plotted on top of the bridge is quite another problem).

There is no possibility to influence what line is drawn on top of
another. Also Mapsource does it in the opposite order to many (but not
all ) GPS units.
>> Can a style guru point me towards where I'm going wrong?
>>
>> Question #2
>> ===========
>> Does the stop/continue system work across style files?  In other words,
>> if I've got a polygon that is tagged:
>> sport=tennis
>> barrier=fence
>>
>> And in my style files I've got:
>> #lines
>> barrier=fence [0x2d resolution 23 default_name 'Fence']
>> #polygons
>> sport=* [0x19 resolution 23]
>>
>> mkgmap by default will process the lines file first and plot the fence.
>>   It will not then process the polygons file, so all I see in the
>> resulting map is a fence.  Can I use continue/stop (once I've learned
>> how to use it properly) to plot both the fence and the area?

Yes, but be careful. You will get many duplicate polygons if you don't
severly watch out.