logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Mapsource installer

From Ralf Kleineisel ralf at kleineisel.de on Sat Jan 2 15:02:28 GMT 2010

On 01/02/2010 03:33 PM, Mark Burton wrote:

> I wish to make a mapsource installer for the Baltic map.
>
> Can anyone please provide a simple recipe for doing that?

I made one for my topo map based on the NSIS script discussed on the
list a few weeks ago. You can find it here:
http://www.kleineisel.de/blogs/index.php/osmmap/2009/11/18/title-3

The NSIS config file used to generate the exe is here:
http://www.kleineisel.de/blogs/media/blogs/osmmap/0911/OSM_SRTM_Germany.nsi

I decided to make an installer that installs the gmapsupp.img instead of
having an installer exe which contains all the data. This way there is
only one big download file and the installer is very small. It uses the
gmt.exe from the wgmaptool package for splitting the gmapsupp.