logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Mapsource installer

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sat Jan 2 14:58:59 GMT 2010

On 02/01/10 14:33, Mark Burton wrote:

> I wish to make a mapsource installer for the Baltic map.
>
> Can anyone please provide a simple recipe for doing that?

1. Obtain the makensis program.  Either the windows version at
http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page (works under wine on Linux) or
the Linux version from your distribution.  On Fedora you just type its
name and the right package is installed which happens to be
mingw32-nsis.

2. Run mkgmap with the --nsis option. This will give you a .nsi file
(by default osmmap.nsi).  This is just a text file that you can adjust
if need be.

3. Run makensis osmmap.nsi this should create a windows installer for
mapsource.

Check that it works on Vista/Windows7 as I'm not sure if .nsi file has
the line to request installation privs.

..Steve