logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Understanding the sea

From Igor Brejc igor.brejc at gmail.com on Tue Dec 29 20:08:22 GMT 2009

Hi,

One option would be to use GroundTruth to generate MP (polish) files for
  sea polygons and then use mkgmap to generate the IMG from these. I'm
the author of GroundTruth and I also received a request to help generate
marine maps for http://www.boat-duesseldorf.com/

I had some success with sea filling algorithm (I use the same for
Kosmos):
http://igorbrejc.net/openstreetmap/groundtruth-coastline-rendering-improved

Unfortunately I'm quite busy with coding Kosmos so I cannot invest too
much time in making GroundTruth's MP files compile in mkgmap. But I'm
willing to help in the effort, since I've become annoyed with
incompatibility of cgpsmapper's license and that of OSM - it effectively
  prohibits any maps generated with GroundTruth and OSM data from being
distributed.

Regards,
Igor