logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Buggy data (was: boundary relations duplicated by splitter, not merged by mkgmap)

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon Dec 28 10:53:38 GMT 2009

Hi Steve,

> It looks like the relation with the name Sverige is repeated three
> times in one .osm file, or alternatively the relation contains the
> same way three times.  That could be a splitter bug or even a bug in
> the original data.

When I build the map with only two tiles, fewer buggy labels
will be generated for the Swedish border:

SVERIGE/NORRA NORRLAND/NORRA NORRLAND/NORRBOTTENS LÄN/NORRBOTTENS LÄN/SUOMI
SVERIGE/NORRA NORRLAND/NORRA NORRLAND/NORRA NORRLAND/NORRBOTTENS LÄN/NORRBOTTENS LÄN/NORRBOTTENS LÄN/SUOMI

Note 3 copies of NORRA NORRLAND and NORRBOTTENS LÄN, even though there are
only two tiles now.

The Swedish border http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/52822
has been last edited on Dec 24.  The provincial relations are
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/52824 (Norrbottens län)
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/52828 (Norra Norrland)

I just added some name:* translations to the relations.  Other than that,
the last changes were on Dec 4 (id:52828) and Dec 22 (id:52824).

The data seems to be buggy, after all:
id:52824 contains duplicates for ways 43024656, 44089880
id:52828 contains duplicates for way 43024656

Sorry for the noise.  I will remove the duplicates from the data.
This was one more triumph for mkgmap's validation capabilities.

	Marko