logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem displaying mkgmap created maps with TTQV(Touratech Quo vadis)

From Gert Münzel Gert.Muenzel at netcologne.de on Sun Dec 27 17:12:46 GMT 2009

Hi,
i have experienced( and also red that otherones maked the same
experience) sometimes, that mkgmap created maps/overlays couldn't be
displayed with TTQV althought the same map could be used with Mapsource
perfectly.
Meanwhile accidently i created this possible erroneous map with a style
from another of my maps  and amazingly then i could use it in TTQV. I'm
shamed to say that i unfortunately forgot making a backup of the
lines-file which seems to cause these kind of problem, so it's difficult
for me going on investigating it.
May be some of you have an idea if there is compability issue by using
style file entries with different mkgmaps versions which should be keep
in mind by map builders.

Example which could not be displayed with TTQV
OSM Reit Wanderkarte
http://topo.geofabrik.de/OSM_Wanderkarte_mapsource.zip

cheers
Gert