logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] variable substitution in relation members

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Tue Dec 22 23:55:01 GMT 2009

On 12/22/2009 03:03 PM, Clinton Gladstone wrote:
> You may notice that I have added a new protected attribute to class
> ValueFilter called 'element'. The current element is assigned to
> this attribute, which makes it possible to extract tags, etc., in
> the filter method. This could potentially be useful for other
> filters, but I was unsure if this was an appropriate change. At
> least with my casual observations, I have not noted any significant
> increase in memory or CPU use.

I don't think it would cause any problems with memory or cpu, but if
an extra argument is added to filter() then I would add the same one
to doFilter() since they are the really the same routine just split so
that the common code can be in the base class.

Of course that means that almost all the implementations will not use
one of the args.

..Steve