logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Base style (Re: variable substitution in relation members)

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Dec 22 14:31:45 GMT 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 02:01:54PM +0000, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
> It is possible to base styles on other existing styles.  This is like
> taking a style and then adding to it overriding anything that
> conflicts.  See the noname style to see how this is done - you add a
> 'base-style' option to the info file in the style.  This might be not
> quite what is needed but it worth knowing about.

Thank you Steve, I was not aware of that.  I will have a look at that
and see if I can create a simple family of styles that is based on the
default style.  I might even start using the noname style myself and
add stuff to it, for highlighting incompletely mapped items, such as

 * highway=crossing without crossing=*
 * highway=bus_stop without shelter=yes/no
 * highway=bus_stop,shelter=yes without lit=yes/no

Best regards,

	Marko