logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] contour map error

From Charlie Ferrero charlie at cferrero.net on Tue Dec 22 10:03:18 GMT 2009

Mark Burton wrote:
> Hi Apollinaris,
>
>> Got 7 of these errors for US Region_01 (161 tiles). What is the best way
>> to resolve? img file is still created
>> - split into tiles
>> - split contour lines for minor, medium, major into different osm files?
>> - ignore, can't find any obvious problems in the map at this location
>>
>> I use srmt1 hgt 1x1 degree tiles, gdal_contour  with 25m contour lines.
>>
>> SEVERE (MapSplitter): Area too small to split at
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=43.78618&lon=-113.26460&zoom=17
>> (reduce the density of points, length of lines, etc.)
>
> As an experiment, you could reduce the value on line 139 of
> uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.build.MapSplitter.java from 100. That value is quite arbitrary. It would be interesting to see what happens if you set it to, say, 10.
>
> Splitting the contour lines into a small number of pieces should also
> make the problem go away. i.e. halve or quarter them.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

I get a different error with UK contour lines from SRTM data:

SEVERE (Polyline): Problem writing line (class
uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.app.trergn.Polyline) of type 0x20 containing 2
points and starting at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.41591&lon=-8.33332&zoom=17
SEVERE (Polyline):   Subdivision shift is 0 and its centre is at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.61371&lon=-6.94443
&zoom=17
SEVERE (Polyline):   deltaLong = -64727
SEVERE (Polyline): Problem writing line (class
uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.app.trergn.Polyline) of type 0x20 containing 2
points and starting at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=50.30011&lon=-4.08691&zoom=17
SEVERE (Polyline):   Subdivision shift is 0 and its centre is at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=50.55436&lon=-6.21011
&zoom=17
SEVERE (Polyline):   deltaLong = 98948
SEVERE (Polyline): Problem writing line (class
uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.app.trergn.Polyline) of type 0x20 containing 2
points and starting at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=50.30584&lon=-4.08691&zoom=17
SEVERE (Polyline):   Subdivision shift is 0 and its centre is at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=50.86086&lon=-6.21011
&zoom=17
SEVERE (Polyline):   deltaLong = 98948

Like with Apollinaris, the compilation still finishes and the tiles work
fine in the GPS.

Charlie