logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Multilayer Map in MapSource?

From Ralf Kleineisel ralf at kleineisel.de on Fri Dec 18 07:35:43 GMT 2009

On 12/18/2009 12:03 AM, Fips wrote:

> After this being completed, I used MapSetToolKit to install the mapset
> into MapSource. This worked, but I can't see any contour lines. If I
> just render the 20000001-srtm\20000001.osm.gz and install this into
> MapSource, I can see them.

Does the TYP files for FID 1234 contain line styles for the Garmin codes
you use for the contours? Or don't you use a TYP at all?

If you put the gmapsupp.img from step 1 onto a GPS unit, do you see the
map + contours?

Does the SRTM layer cover the correct area?

> My MapSource version is 6.15.7, if that's
> relevant.

Yes, with 6.15.7 I often see the contour line numbers only, but not the
lines. 6.13.7 works much better, although if you zoom and pan around a
lot in Mapsource sometimes the upper layers disappear. After zooming out
completely, restarting Mapsource and zooming in again everything is
fine. Others have reported the same problems. I don't know if these are
Mapsource bugs or map issues.