logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [POI Categories Mismatch]

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Dec 15 21:04:37 GMT 2009

Hi again Stéphane,

On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 02:21:14AM -0400, Stéphane ALLEMANDI wrote:
> Hi,
> Once again I need your help...
> I get some categorie mismatches between an OSM map and the result in Garmin.
> For example, I define a point as a tourist office in JOSM and it appears
> as public toilets in the Garmin map.
> The tourist office doesn't appear in the POI Menu of the Garmin, only on
> the map.

I have now documented this oddity (as well as amenity=embassy being listed
under Community/City Hall) on http://www.polkupyoraily.net/osm/ in
Finnish, German and English.  (Translations into other languages are
welcome, and I do not mind if someone copies the content to the OSM wiki.)

> My second question is "Is it still impossible to display the sea?"
> I'm living on an island, and I just can't see the  blue coast
> line anymore !!

By default it is.  There is the --generate-sea-polygons option, but according
to some reports it could require hours of processing time.  I lost the
patience already at 30 or so minutes. :-)  Besides, I would be very surprised
if it really worked on Finland.  Here, even complex lakes, such as Saimaa,
are displayed as outlines.  I see a light blue line for the shore and the
normal land background colour for the water.

Best regards,

	Marko