logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Support for advanced multipolygons?

From Torsten Leistikow de_muur at gmx.de on Wed Dec 9 15:41:17 GMT 2009

Nop schrieb am 08.12.2009 22:09:
> Well, I am already maintaining one tool and two maps, so I guess
> attacking a non-trivial problem in a completely unfamiliar software on
> top of that doesn't sound like a particularly good idea.

Actually I am not sure, whether the advanced multipolygons themself are a
particularly good idea. So perhaps this might be a perfect match :-)

In the end, there are two possible solutions for this problem:
Either the advanced multipolygons are used more and more, so that we have to
adapt mkgmap some day, for beeing satisfied with our maps.
Or the OSM-Garmin maps are used more and more, so that the users will stop
mapping the advanced multipolygons, because they are missing in their maps.

Gruss
Torsten