logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] --index crashes on an otherwise successfully rendered image

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Tue Dec 8 15:14:04 GMT 2009

Hi Lambertus

> Mkgmap sometimes crashes with when trying to build a gmapsupp including
> index using an existing (prerenderd) image.
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index:
> 32803, Size: 488
>           at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:571)
>           at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:349)

> This happens when trying to make a gmapsupp with the following Garmin
> image:
> http://planetosm.oxilion.nl/~lambertus/garmin/routable/18-11-2009/63240210.img

> I don't know the Mkgmap verion used to render the source image, but it's
> pretty recent. If this version is needed then I'll look it up this evening.

It was created with 1387.  I believe that the problem is one that was
fixed in 1391.  It is creating the map that needs to be redone.

Although we should stop the --index failing when encountering a bad
file, it has been quite useful to fix all the bugs in writing the POI
information.

..Steve