logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Marko is maintaining the mkgmap default style file

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon Dec 7 07:37:11 GMT 2009

Hi all,

On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 07:17:50AM +0000, svn commit wrote:

> Version 1418 was commited by marko on 2009-12-07 07:17:50 +0000 (Mon, 07 Dec 2009)
>
> Bus and rail stops with a lit shelter.

This is my first direct commit to the mkgmap source repository.
Steve returned from vacation and granted me commit access to the
mkgmap svn repository.

I will try to be somewhat conservative with changes to the default style.
I think that the default style should work with all devices and without
a TYP file.  Later on, if we include TYP files in mkgmap styles, we could
come up with a little fancier style.  Even there, I would not use tricks
that can considerably slow down the map display, such as duplicating
ways to multiple layers for additional line styles.

In the short term, I will test the amenity=embassy patch that was posted
some weeks ago.  I would also like to commit the following, to display
speed bumps, humps and chicanes as white circles on the road at zoom levels
120m or closer:

+traffic_calming=* [0x6614 resolution 21]

This may be a little misleading, because the same code is used for
natural=rock.  Besides, the Finnish style of Garmin displays it as
"kari", which is the word for an underwater rock, something that
marine users need to worry about.

If nobody objects to the traffic_calming change, I shall commit it
tomorrow.

Best regards,

	Marko