logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Order of rendering areas?

From Andrew McCarthy me at andrewmccarthy.ie on Fri Dec 4 12:58:19 GMT 2009

Hi folks,

This is a cosmetic issue, really, so not urgent.

I have a large area marked amenity=university and within that, some
buildings, fields, a lake, etc. However, only the university area shows
up as it seems to be rendered last; the buildings etc flicker briefly
into view while scrolling around, but are hidden when the rendering
stops.

Does anyone know if it's possible to specify the order things are
rendered in? I tried moving the amenity=university way to be the first
way in the xml file, but it made no difference. Or is this just the way
the etrex behaves?

Cheers,

Andrew