logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mdr address index with gmapsupp and macroadtrip installers

From Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com on Fri Dec 4 11:03:21 GMT 2009

2009/11/30 Clifford Nolan <clifford.nolan at ul.ie>:

> Most of the "cities" in Ireland are tagged as villages or hamlets, etc
> and we do not have postcodes outside Dublin city.

To be precise, we don't even have postcodes in Dublin city, but postal
districts that don't map well do what a Garmin device expects to be
able to do with a postcode - should you, for instance, be able to
enter "4" as a postcode search criterion? Or should it expect "Dublin
4"? Most Navteq maps I've seen appear (correctly IMHO) not to attempt
to model Dublin postal districts as postcodes, but as towns.

Dermot