logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Suggestion: set mkgmap:dead-end-check=no when endpoints have FIXME=*

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Wed Dec 2 11:38:56 GMT 2009

Hi Marko,

> I came across an incompletely mapped area that has some dead-end oneways,
> and mkgmap duly complained.  Initially, I "fixed" this with a bogus road
> that had a FIXME tag, but the original mapper reverted that change.
> Now I have added fixme=continue to each bogus oneway.  I wanted to suppress
> the dead-end check if the endpoints of the oneway have FIXME or fixme set,
> but neither Coord nor CoordNode carry any OSM attributes.  Where could
> this be achieved?  I would rather not add any mkgmap:dead-end-check=no
> to the OpenStreetMap repository?  The FIXME would be more universal and
> also show up in validators.

Yes, something like that could be done. Not sure about doing it for
FIXME=*, though because if it said FIXME='not sure about road name'
or something else that was unrelated to the routing/connectivity of
the way then disabling the dead end check would not be appropriate.

I don't have a problem with adding mkgmap:dead-end-check=no to the
GB map but I am not really concerned about someone having a dead end on
a residential road. So now, I just add mkgmap:dead-end-check=no in my
style file to all ways that I don't really care about (tracks,
footpaths, residential, service, etc.)

Cheers,

Mark