logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Mapsource Recalculation Tries

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Mon Nov 30 12:59:39 GMT 2009

Currently with mkgmap created maps (just like most other maps) Mapsource
tries 3x to find a route when using the autorouting tool. I have noticed
that using Netherlands Onroute Fietskaart Mapsource tries much harder to
find a route - sometimes it restarts 15 times until it has found a
route. It would be great if we could have the same behaviour.

I don't know at all where a parameter for rerouting tries is placed
inside the maps, but just if someone finds something, this would be
interesting to improve routing (on each successive try, Mapsource lowers
a bit its rigorosity of the route quality, but better a route than no
route).