logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Don't let action rule execute its actions if its type isn't going to be used

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Sun Nov 29 10:03:22 GMT 2009

Mark Burton wrote:
> Felix,
>
> As you know, action rules execute their actions (like add tags,
> etc.) whenever their expression is true. But is that the right
> behaviour if the type associated with the rule isn't going to be used
> because of the continue action?
>
> I'm not sure that it is so I have made a little patch that stops
> action rules from executing their actions if the type to be returned
> isn't going to be used. I don't know if it helps with your
> current issue or not but perhaps you can try it out.
>
> The patch also adds back all the resolveType() methods without the pre
> argument so that Steve's test suite isn't borked.
>
> Mark

Great, that is "more or less" what I need. Because you never know what
simple action rules do, I have been using "continue" to add restrictions
in steps. The patch would be perfect, if one could specify to have it
working this way on demand only. So e.g. [... resolution=24 continue
save] working like old behaviour, and [... resolution=24 continue] would
drop everything added within {}. Alternatively maybe it would be easier
to have [... conintue ] as before, and [... continue drop ] to specify
that {...} is not saved for further ways.

... oh and just to confirm, the patch works as expected (as far as I can
tell).