logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Simplifying ways

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Sat Nov 28 22:51:53 GMT 2009

Felix,

> I don't know what's the difference between patch v3 and patch v2, but v3
> makes no practical improvement. Yes it sets the different speeds and
> road_class for 0x01 and 0x02, but impossible to set different
> restrictions, they are simply dropped.

Having made a complete fool of myself once tonight, I may as well try
again..

That's because the restrictions are stored as tags in the way/node and
not in the GType. All the tags in the way will be visible for each map
object that is generated from that way.

With the "remove bogus nodes" patch in its current form, that can't be
avoided because all of the nodes/ways are processed by the rules before
any map objects are generated. If the way was duplicated before the
rules were processed, what you are trying to do could work better.

I will make a patch for trunk that duplicates the ways/nodes before the
style processing and let's see what good that does.

Standby...

Mark