logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Simplifying ways

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Sat Nov 28 22:01:48 GMT 2009

Mark Burton wrote:
> Hi Felix (cc Johann)
>

>> Just as a follow up, I noticed that the v8 patch (simplify ...) -
>> actually routing over long distances in Mapsource became worse. Some
>> routes I can calculate without using this patch, don't calculate with
>> the patch anymore.
>>

> You posted this comment with a subject line related to "remove bogus
> nodes" but I guess you're really talking about the latest patch from
> Johann.

No Johanns (v8) patch actually improves long distance routing (2-3
additional turns), while the remove bogus roads makes long distance
routing worse for me (3-4 turns less). Sorry for the wrong text. I have
no clue why the remove bogus nodes makes routing worse. v3 actually is
great insofar as it allows several routable roads with different speed,
but so far I have not been able to make such ways opposing oneways - but
they are different speed. Currently playing around to find out how I can
trick it into two opposing oneways (while the oneway is "artificial" in
both directions in so far that I use incomplete rules to set it up).