logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] impact of dp filter to routing

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Sat Nov 28 21:46:00 GMT 2009

> Just as a follow up, I noticed that the v8 patch (simplify ...) -
> actually routing over long distances in Mapsource became worse. Some
> routes I can calculate without using this patch, don't calculate with
> the patch anymore.

This is a point I absolutely not understand. The merge filter works only
at levels 23...0 (not 24!) and merges the ways after the routing tables
are generated. There should be no references from the routing tables to
the lines at lower resolutions. So why routing is influenced?