logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1409: Add support for generating multiple map objects from a single OSM object.

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Sat Nov 28 16:07:14 GMT 2009

On Nov 28, 2009, at 10:50, Christoph Wagner wrote:

> svn commit schrieb:
>> Version 1409 was commited by markb on 2009-11-27 20:52:16 +0000 (Fri, 27 Nov 2009)
>>
>> Add support for generating multiple map objects from a single OSM object.
>>
>> The style system is augmented with 'continue' and 'stop' commands that
>> can be used in style rule files to facilitate the generation of more than
>> one map object (line or POI) from a single OSM object.
>>

> Sounds very cool. Can you give a full example how to use the continue and stop commands, please?
> Is it something like this or am I wrong?

Here is an example:

tunnel=* [0x12 resolution 20 continue]

This would create a second line which you could use (with an appropriate typ file) to create a special overlay for all lines which have the tunnel tag defined. (This is theoretically a bad example, because lines with the tag tunnel=no would also be included, but this gives you an idea of how the feature should work).

As far as I can tell, people see to be using this kind of thing for tunnels, bridges, and one-way streets in particular.

- I can't say how the stop command should work differently from the default behaviour though.

- There are also issues with the line draw order, I believe, if you particularly want one line to appear on top of the other.

Hope this helps. Cheers