logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter 103

From Chris Miller chris.miller at kbcfp.com on Sat Nov 28 15:33:14 GMT 2009

I've just checked in some further changes to the splitter that some of you
may be interested in. It now has support for the <bounds/> tag in OSM files.
The splitter will now ensure the resultant split OSM files all fall within
the <bounds/> specified in the source file. The advantage is that it means
the splitter can be called recursively without growing the tile borders.
If for example one of the OSM files generated is too big to process via mkgmap
successfully, you can run the splitter on it again with a smaller --max-nodes
value to split it further, and all tile boundaries will meet up nicely without
overlapping any of the other tiles. Previously that wasn't the case.

I've also added a --status-freq parameter that will cause the splitter to
periodically output elapsed time and memory status information. This defaults
to 120 seconds, you can disable it if you want with --status-freq=0.

Enjoy,
Chris