logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] weird: file missing when # of files > 10?

From Valentijn Sessink valentyn at blub.net on Thu Nov 26 15:56:14 GMT 2009

Hi list,

I wrote about this before: my first map in the mapset, 63240001.img, is
missing.

I tracked this down to revision r1363 (which is a merge from the mapset
branch) and today even further tracked it down to revision 1323 within
the (deleted) mapset branch.

However, I can't find any clues in r1323 as to what causes this.

Further experiments showed even weirder results: as I compile my maps
from a template.args file, it showed that having 63240001-63240009 in
there would give me the correct map; having a 10th file in there made
the first one missing.

(Currently, while compiling the Netherlands, my template.args file has
14 entries. Any number above 9 makes the first one disappear).

And indeed, when I duplicated the first file like so:

mapname: 99999999
input-file: 63240001.osm.gz

mapname: 63240001
input-file: 63240001.osm.gz

mapname: 63240002 [...]

... the map would be correct (with the void 99999999 probably missing,
and 63240001 included).

Now I'm stumped. Would anyone know what's going on here? I thought of a
race condition and removed the --max-jobs option, but that makes no
difference.

Best regards,

Valentijn