logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] DP Filter and areas at Resolution=24

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Thu Nov 26 09:30:40 GMT 2009

Mark Burton wrote:
> Hi Felix,
>

>> Could the DP Filter not remove any points at resolution=24?
>>

> It doesn't do anything at that res.
>

>> Or is there another reason why many small polygons like buildings get
>> mashed?
>>

> Yes, the reason is that the coordinates round to approx the nearest 2m.
> We can't do anything about that, it's what Garmin support.

okay I see. So the only real solution would be to have intelligent
filters moving the nodes to nearest 2m in such a way that there is
minimal loss of detail. Probably pretty CPU intensive and a lot of work.
So we have to live with it, in most places there is no real loss of
information anyhow.