logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Route calculation error introduced in r1337:1343

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Tue Nov 24 22:16:35 GMT 2009

Hi Marko,

> The Nüvi user replied today that the map that I generated with
> r1392 (MAX_ARC_LENGTH=35000) on November 16 works for him.  He did not
> state the date of the map, so he could also be referring to r1366 patched
> with MAX_ARC_LENGTH=39062, from Nov 11.

Well, I chose 35000 because 39062 is too much of a magic number!

However, it would be good to find what the real problem is here. As I
reported before, I have a useful patch that removes nodes that aren't
really needed but I can't use the patch because although the maps are
fine for mapsource and the etrex, the nuvi barfs on them! It's bizarre.
I wonder if there is some stupid bug in the nuvi that we're hitting. I
have tried lots of different things (changing sizes of data tables,
etc.) but nothing seems related. Grrr.

Cheers,

Mark