logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] access=no on a cycleway doesn't work?

From Torsten Leistikow de_muur at gmx.de on Tue Nov 24 19:11:43 GMT 2009

Felix Hartmann schrieb am 24.11.2009 19:36:
> Besides having bugs, the style branch has the approach that only the
> first rule is matched. So you could write rules from more restrictive to
> less restrictive.

No, that's not true. The style branch does perfom all matching rules, with the
first rule aplied first.

But sadly it is not working 100%, when the first rule does change some tags,
that the second rule will be matched against the changed values.

E.g. you have an element with the tag

highway=example

and the two rules

A) highway=example {add second_tag=set}
B) highway=example & second_tag=set {...}

than both rules will be applied to the element (first rule A and afterwards rule B).

In another example you have again an element with the tag

highway=example

and the two rules

A) highway=example {set highway=deleted}
B) highway=example {...}

than again both rules will be applied to the element.

Based on my experience this is the way the style branch is working right now. I
woul welcome any improvement, that in the second case only rule A will be applied.

Gruss
Torsten