logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Broken coastline errors between V1188 and V1398

From Michael.TheBlackCat michael.theblackcat at googlemail.com on Tue Nov 24 08:55:32 GMT 2009

Chris-Hein Lunkhusen schrieb:
> Chris-Hein Lunkhusen schrieb:
>
>> Michael.TheBlackCat schrieb:
>>

>>> i recognized  broken coastline errors between the mkgmap verion 1188 and
>>> 1398. Please refer to the appended  jpegs (my coastline is a little bit
>>> thicker ti identify the sea area).
>>>
>> Hi Michael,
>> I can confirm that this problem exists in the newer versions of mkgmap.
>> Some coastlines are missing in the map.
>>
>> Dunno if this has something to do with the changes in the multipolygon
>> code.
>>

> After playing a little bit with the data, I think it is the
> MP code thats causing the coastline to disappear.
>
> It seems that the error occurs, when a coastline is member
> of to many boundary-multipolygons. In my test the coastline
> was disappearing when beeing member of more than two
> boundary-MPs.
>
> So as a workaround: I think for boundary-multipolygons the
> multi-MP handling is not neccecary at all, because
> boundaries (normally) are rendered as lines and not as
> areas.
>
> Chris

Hi Chris,

thanks for your help and work. But now, i don't  know what make to do. I
noticed your last message with the vb script. You can send me the script
and i attempt to test it with the latest version of mkgmap, but i use a
linux-server for rendering, i hope, it works out. My email address is:
Michael.TheBlackCat at googlemail.com

Cheers,

Michael