logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] access=no on a cycleway doesn't work?

From Toby Speight T.M.Speight.90 at cantab.net on Tue Nov 24 03:15:39 GMT 2009

0> In article <4B0AD385.8030305 at gmail.com>,
0> Felix Hartmann <URL:mailto:extremecarver at googlemail.com> ("Felix") wrote:

Felix> Toby Speight wrote:
>> I've had a look at assigning access values and now have the following at
>> the head of my lines file:
>>
>> /--------
>> | # Don't route over unsuitable roads
>> | smoothness=horrible | smoothness=very_horrible | smoothness=impassable
>> |     { set motorcar=no; set hgv=no; set bicycle=no; }
>> | smoothness=very_bad
>> |     { set motorcar=no; set hgv=no; }
>> |
>> | # Highway access rules
>> | highway=bridleway {add access = no; add bicycle = yes; add horse=yes; add foot = yes}
>> | highway=cycleway {add access = no; add bicycle = yes; add foot = yes}
>> | highway=footway {add access = no; add foot = yes}
>> | highway=motorway {add oneway = yes; add bicycle = no; add horse=no; add foot = no }
>> | highway=motorway_link {add bicycle = no; add horse=no; add foot = no }
>> | highway=path {add access = no; add bicycle = yes; add foot = yes}
>> | highway=track {add access = no; add bicycle = yes; add horse=yes; add foot = yes}
>> | highway=pedestrian & area!=yes {add access = no; add foot = yes}
>> | highway=steps {add access = no; add foot = yes}
>> |
>> | bicycle=dismount { set bicycle = 'yes'; set maxspeed = '5' }
>> |
>> | # General access rules
>> | access=* { add foot='${access}'; add horse='${access}'; add vehicle='${access}'; }
>> | vehicle=* { add bicycle='${vehicle}'; add motor_vehicle='${vehicle}'; }
>> | motor_vehicle=* { add motorcycle='${motor_vehicle}'; add motorcar='${motor_vehicle}';
>> |                   add psv='${motor_vehicle}'; add hgv='${motor_vehicle}'; add goods='${motor_vehicle}';
>> |                   add taxi='${motor_vehicle}'; }
>> \--------
>>
>> Should this be added to the default style?

Felix> No IMHO it shouldn't. Why? Because unconditional rules will not
Felix> work as you expect!
Felix>
Felix> If one rule matches, all other unconditional are dropped for the
Felix> line.  So forget about it - or make so many combinations that it
Felix> has to match.  You will then however quickly arrive at over 1000
Felix> rules, just for a few tags.

I'm sorry - I don't understand what you mean by this.  What do you mean
by "If one rule matches, all other unconditional are dropped for the
line"?  Can you give an example of a situation where the rules don't
have the desired effect?  Maybe there's something I can do to improve
them, or to improve mkgmap - or even to create a separate preprocessor,
if necessary.