logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Missing bicycle turn directions

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sun Nov 22 08:32:53 GMT 2009

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 02:17:08AM +0200, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
> I did not get two turn instructions on my latest bicycle ride.  Luckily,
> it was a familiar route and I was paying attention to the map, not keying
> in the ref= of a bus stop or something.
>
> The first occurrence was when I was approaching
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/5053613/history
> from north.  (It was version 3; I tried to make the angle a little
> steeper in version 4.  For what it is worth, I built the map with
> mkgmap --adjust-turn-headings.)

This one was correct last Friday.

By the way, I seem to be getting different bicycle directions now,
perhaps due to the recent MAX_ARC_LENGTH and related changes.  When
I am riding between Koivukylä (train station) and Rekola (train station),
the Edge 705 now tells me to use the cycleways along Rekolantie and
Peijaksentie.  The former would be
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/34512525.
Previously, it directed me to the old highway
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/35878229 that was converted
to a cycleway some decades ago, and told me to follow the cycleways
and paths from there.  Not a big change, but the new directions involve
much fewer turns and crossings.

Best regards,

	Marko