logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] NSIS patch v2

From Nakor nakor.wp at gmail.com on Mon Nov 16 13:58:56 GMT 2009

Hello,

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 7:32 AM, Lambertus <osm at na1400.info> wrote:

> If anyone wants to use the --nsis option, make sure to set a
> --family-id, otherwise the maps won't show up in MapSource. The
> family-name is copied from the description if you

Thanks for the report. What is the default mkgmap behavior in this case? No
family-id?

> After running an NSIS installer exe made using this new option I get a
> message from Vista "This program might not have installed correctly",
> but MapSource works fine. Looking into this further, I think this is
> caused by the installer not adding an application in the add/remove
> program list. I'll try to look at this a bit better this evening.

I can try to have access to a Vista machine and look into the problem.

> Something else, is this NSIS script supposed work with 64bit versions?

Sure. My machine is WIn XP 64bit and I did not have any problems. On the
other hand I did not try this on a 32bit machine. Did you have any problems
with 64bit?

  Thanks,

N.