logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bug in --check-roundabouts?

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at jemila.jazztel.es on Sun Nov 15 16:49:51 GMT 2009

One user of my maps told me he was getting wrong direction instructions
for most of the roundabouts in his city (Cerdanyola del Vallés, North of
Barcelona). Checking roundabouts in that area I found some of them that
were badly constructed (wrong direction, auto-crossing, etc.) but after
fixing them the problem continued to happen. Finally I compiled the same
data without --check-roundabouts and now they are routed correctly.
osm data can be downloaded here:
http://mapas.alternativaslibres.es/63240005.osm.gz
screenshot with the wrong route:
http://mapas.alternativaslibres.es/imagenes/roundabouts-wrong.png
screenshot with the right route:
http://mapas.alternativaslibres.es/imagenes/roundabouts-right.png
The only difference between the wrong and the right routes is the
--check-roundabouts option passed to mkgmap.
OSM:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=41.4882&lon=2.1525&zoom=13&layers=B000FTF

P.S. Studying this issue I've seen there's no "junction=roundabout {add
oneway = yes}" rule in the lines style file. Is it hard coded somewhere
or should we add this line?
Cheers,
Carlos