logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Style work-around to longer routing

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Tue Nov 10 00:03:34 GMT 2009

On Nov 9, 2009, at 8:27, Du Plessis, Bennie wrote:

> > BTW I found a style file work around to increase routing distance.
> >
> > Where my map’s max was 1400km before I can now route up to 2200km,
> by simply
> > upgrading the road-class of the major long distance connector roads.
>
> I added the following to the lines stylefile
> after the line
>
> highway=motorway {add oneway = yes; add bicycle = no; add foot =
> no } [0x01 road_class=4 road_speed=6 resolution 12]
>
> #handling specific long distance connector routes
> highway=trunk & (ref=N1|ref=N2|ref=N3|ref=N4) [0x02 road_class=4
> road_speed=5 resolution 12]

Thanks. I'll try this out. The cGPSMapper manual contains the
following fairly obscure statement:

   ...it is important to prepare data with non broken road network
keeping specific road class...

This might be related to the reason for your longer routing distances.

Cheers.