logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] set display name problem ( Error in style: Error: (lines:14): Unrecognised command 'display_name', Could not open style null )

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon Nov 9 22:32:41 GMT 2009

On 09/11/09 18:04, Felix Hartmann wrote:
> I would like to set up display name with lines in my style-file like
> highway=tertiary { display_name '${name}' | 'tertiary' } [0x04 ........]
>
> however currently this is impossible. Could someone adapt mkgmap to
> treat display_name processing like "name" processing?

I can add the list of alternatives to all set and add commands:

   add display_name = '${name}' | 'tertiary';

Is that what you want?  I think that would be useful elsewhere anyway.

Currently you can do this, which I think does what you want but more
verbose:

  highway=tertiary {
   add display_name = '${name}';
   add display_name = 'tertiary'; } [0x04 ... ]

In other cases that wouldn't work, for example if display_name was
already set, but you wanted to append to it for example.

There is also the issue that if there is a NET section a road can have
up to four names, which cannot be expressed in the style file currently.

..Steve