logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] same first expression for lines and polygons (style branch)

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Fri Nov 6 19:27:43 GMT 2009

Torsten Leistikow wrote:
> Felix Hartmann schrieb:
>
>> that does look like the old bug of != that was not working correctly
>> bug got fixed (however probably too late for the style-branch fork).
>> Still there are issues with !. For example & ( key!=value |
>> key2!=value ) cannot be used (also tries like & !(key=value |
>> key=value) are not usable so only possible way is to use & key!=value
>>  & key2!=value ...
>>

> Might be, that this is the source of the problem. I just thought, that
> the first expression was the reason, because switching the order worked.
>

>> Currently there is no possibility to get an object into both polygon
>> and line (even with the multiple garmin elements patch / "continue" )
>>

> Actually in this example I want to have either the polygon or the line.
>
> But in general I do not have any problems with creating both elements
> from one single object. For example I have an object barrier=fence and
> acces=no. In my map I get the line for the fence as well as the whole
> area drawn as not accessible.

that is no problem because the wording is different. but it would be
impossible for example to render riverbank=yes both as line and as
polygon (line before polygon, so if in lines file there is a rule
riverbank=yes you can't have it in polygon file, even if you set
continue in the line file).