logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] some bad routing

From Martin Simon grenzdebil at gmail.com on Fri Nov 6 09:03:44 GMT 2009

2009/11/6 Ralf Reimann <ralrei at gmx.de>

> I switched the routing options of my etrex from fast route to short route.
> Now at the location
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.44248&lon=6.66183&zoom=17&layers=B000FTFthe routing goes from "Moerser Hof" in the north to "Römerstraße" in the
> south over the service street of Edeka. The tag service=parking_aisle should
> be added but also it is tagged as permissive. You only can drive very slow
> and can't access all the time because of the barrier.

Well, my understanding of "permissive" is: it is owned privately but the
owner allows access for the general public, e.g. the customers of your Edeka
supermarket.
So I think what you got was what you asked for: the shortest legal route for
your mode-of-transport. :-)

> Later the routing goes at the location
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.38501&lon=6.69594&zoom=16&layers=B000FTFfrom "Am Stellwerk (bridge)" to "Dahlingschule" over the track grade3 which
> is only accessible for agricultural vehicles.
>
> Is it necessary to add some restrictions to the line-style file?
> By the way, which detailed effect does have the different roadclass and the
> roadspeed values on an etrex?

Sadly, out-of-the-box mkgmap seems to ignore the "vehicle" and
"motor_vehicle" classes, although in many cases, they allow much simpler and
cleaner tagging of access restrictions (such as the "all vehicle forbidden
except for agricultural use" in your example).

In my style-file, (as far as i remember) i translated
"vehicle=no/agricultural/private" to "motorcar=no" and "bicycle=no",
"motor_vehicle=no/agricultural/private" to "motorcar=no".

This gives good results, but it would be cool if mkgmap could do this
internally. :-)

-Martin