logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] highway shields in label occasionally dropped

From Martin Simon grenzdebil at gmail.com on Wed Nov 4 16:44:01 GMT 2009

2009/11/4 Gert Münzel <Gert.Muenzel at netcologne.de>

> I (like also people do in OSM database i saw) use the REF in combination
> with the highway shield also as marker for trails (in hiking/biking
> overlays) and therefore this behaviour disturbs.

Hi Gert!

I tried the same yesterday to generate a hiking route overlay for my garmin
topo map (as I currently like to go hiking and add new routes here in
western Germany) and also noticed that only very few routes show highway
shields at all (mostly when they have very simple refs like "1" or "2").

How do you deal with the problem of ways that are part of multiple routes?
I would like to generate one line element for every route=hiking/foot
relation that a way belongs to, but can't figure out how to do this.
Currently, only one route is displayed for each segment.
Will it work with [continue]? Extract every relation and its ways and nodes
to a seperate .osm file using Osmosis (how?) and then process them all with
mkgmap?

Thanks!

-Martin