logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Can you set background colour in a TYP file?

From Nop ekkehart at gmx.de on Sat Oct 31 13:14:13 GMT 2009

Hi!

Charlie Ferrero schrieb:
> Did you ever get to the bottom of this?  I have also had zero success in
> getting a white background.  I've tried setting both 0x4b and 0x4a
> polygons to white and neither has an effect.

You cannot change the color of the Background - it appears to be
hardcoded into most Garmin units.

But: The background is just a large rectangle which is added by mkgmap.
If you suppress this yellow rectangle with --transparent and just add a
rectangle of your own with a different id, you can set your own custom
background.

Doing this automatically is a feature of OSM Composer. I gave my hiking
map light gray background.

bye
	Nop