logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Turn restrictions in foot mode

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Sat Oct 31 09:54:17 GMT 2009

Chris-Hein Lunkhusen wrote:
> Hi,
> I tested some turn restrictions in Mapsource and found that they
> are used in all modes (car/bicycle/foot).
>
> Is there an option to disable them for foot ?
>
> In Germany the traffic signs for T.R. are only valid for vehicles.
>
> Chris

Probably not easily. I think the only way would be to workaround like
for bicyclerouting, by creating ADDITONAL ways with different
restrictions on top. However for proper foot routing, just like for
proper bicyclerouting you would need to create maps dedicated only to
pedestrians autorouting using car/motorcycle mode instead of foot.
Additional ways with different restrictions road_speed, road_class and
oneway direction would be great anyhow (but not yet possible).