logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Missing bicycle turn directions

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Sat Oct 31 00:39:50 GMT 2009

Hello Marko,

> I did not get two turn instructions on my latest bicycle ride.  Luckily,
> it was a familiar route and I was paying attention to the map, not keying
> in the ref= of a bus stop or something.
>
> The first occurrence was when I was approaching
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/5053613/history
> from north.  (It was version 3; I tried to make the angle a little
> steeper in version 4.  For what it is worth, I built the map with
> mkgmap --adjust-turn-headings.)
>
> The second occurrence was a T crossing at the north end of
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/34137262/history
> (I did not move the north node in the last revision.)
> I was supposed to turn left at the end of the way, but I did not
> receive any instructions.  Could adjust-turn-headings be straightening
> the line too much?  Or should I move the curve of
> a little bit to the west to improve the routing instructions?

I cannot explain why you did not receive instructions to turn.

In the second case, I would not expect the turn heading to have been
changed at all.

If you enable logging at the info level for RouteNode class you will
get a log of the headings that have been changed and you can match the
way numbers to see if those ways are being adjusted.

Cheers,

Mark