logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] access=no on a cycleway doesn't work?

From Valentijn Sessink valentyn at blub.net on Thu Oct 29 13:41:25 GMT 2009

Hi,

In my neighbourhood there's a highway=cycleway that is currently blocked
due to construction works. As the cycleway is still there (the cycleway
itself is not under construction), I tagged it access=no. However,
mkgmap still tries to route me over it.

Is that because styles file saying: "highway=cycleway {add access = no;
add bicycle = yes;"  ?

If so, can I do anything about it? I can't figure out a way to handle
this, but maybe I'm missing something.

If the style file is the problem, I could imagine the following tags to
be overwritten:
access=no all by itself (would become access=no, bicycle=yes)
access=no; bicycle=no (silly?) (becomes bicycle=yes)
bicycle=no; (a bit odd, for a cycleway) (becomes bicycle=yes)

(BTW, if the styles are the problem here, I think that more road types
show this behaviour, there are lots of places where an existing
"access=no" gets extended by "something=yes").

Best regards,

Valentijn