logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1330: Reduce volume of warnings when turn restriction uses a 'via' way.

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Oct 28 20:32:01 GMT 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 08:10:41PM +0000, Mark Burton wrote:
> Ha! 69, that's nothing, I'm currently working my way through the 2000+
> flare road errors in the UK! When I have done those, I have 500+
> roundabouts that fork or have overlapping segments. Why am I doing this?

Finland might have fewer but more careful mappers.  Or we have simpler
roads (fewer turn restrictions and roundabouts).  I think that they started
building roundabouts in cities some 10 to 20 years ago.  Before that,
there were few but very large roundabouts (driveable at 60+ km/h).

There were only a few dozen problematic roundabouts (wrong direction,
forking).  The turn restriction relation errors (again a few dozen) were
obvious, except for one, which consisted of seven 'to' ways (the same way
split to seven segments) and no other roles.  I wrote to the culprit,
and he fixed it.  (Potlatch and the rarity of turn restrictions in that
area were to blame.)

How was the saying, "the more, the merrier"? Or was it "more cooks make
a worse soup"? :-)

	Marko