logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Combining several different maps into one gmapsupp

From Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com on Wed Oct 28 19:59:52 GMT 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Steve Ratcliffe <steve at parabola.me.uk> wrote:
>> Is it possible to set options like "route" or "transparent" on a per-family or
>> per-tile basis? E.g. I'd like to have routing for the OSM layer, but not the
>> contour line layers. The contour line layers must be transparent, but not the
>> OSM layers.
>
> All those options are properties of the individual tile, and so yes you
> can combine maps that were created with different options together.
>
> You can't change them during the combining step though, if that is what
> you were asking.

But is it possible to take an existing image file and set its
--transparent value or --draw-priority after it has been generated? I
recently had some 3rd party contours that weren't transparent along
with a map that had the wrong --draw-priority relative to the
contours. I tried to fix it up with mkgmap but couldn't.