logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] output of splitter isn't recognized by JOSM

From charlie at cferrero.net charlie at cferrero.net on Wed Oct 28 11:13:03 GMT 2009

Quoting stefan at binaervarianz.de:

> Hi,
>
> does anybody know why the output of splitter is not recognized by JOSM?
>
> Is there a way to make splitter produce outputs that are compatible to
> normal .osm files like the ones downloaded by geofabrik?
>
> I would really like to use splitter to cut a country into managable chunks
> for offline editing in JOSM.
> Or wouldn't this work of other reasons I don't know yet?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Stefan
> _________
Stefan,

I have successfully used splitter to create small areas for editing in
JOSM.  What is the error you are getting?  If the data file is too big
you will need to run JOSM with the -Xmx command to reserve additional
memory.

Charlie