logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Sea tiles problem

From charlie at cferrero.net charlie at cferrero.net on Wed Oct 28 09:01:35 GMT 2009

Quoting Toby Speight <T.M.Speight.90 at cantab.net>:

> I could give you the full areas.list (I don't know whether you can make
> splitter create a single tile) - but - I'm experimenting with cutting out
> smaller extracts using osmosis, to see whether I can produce a smaller
> file that still triggers the problem.

Splitter will happily create a single tile if that's what you tell it
to do with an areas.list file.  It will, however, still have to
process the whole input file so it's not particularly quicker.

> I did manage to reproduce it by
> extracting just the coastline from great_britain.osm:
>
> /--------
> | osmosis --read-xml $< --way-key-value
> keyValueList='natural.coastline' --used-node --write-xml $@
> \--------
You could also do this crafting a custom XAPI call to
www.informationfreeway.org (see emails passim on this list).

> This gives a file containing only the coastline, which can be processed
> without splitting.  And, for me, this exhibits the inversion.  It does
> take quite a while to run through mkgmap, unfortunately (an hour of CPU
> time for me), so I'm looking at cutting it down to process smaller
> groups of islands.  I might not get it done today, though, and I'm
> about to go off-line for a few days (back around the middle of next
> week).
Interesting that you got this to work - I tried on a file which just
contained the UK coastline and nothing happened for four hours, so I
killed the process.

--
Charlie