logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Combination of --generate-sea and --remove-short-arcs flooded Iceland between 25th and 26th October

From Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com on Tue Oct 27 22:54:49 GMT 2009

The map I generate of Iceland with mkgmap and --genarate-sea and
--remove-short-arcs got flooded between 25th ond 26th October.

If I just use the --generate-sea option the map is not
--remove-short-arcs I get a lot of RoadNetwork warnings but the map is
not flooded.

Here are the two .osm files:

    http://osm.nix.is/archive/2009-10-25/Iceland.osm.bz2
    http://osm.nix.is/archive/2009-10-26/Iceland.osm.bz2

Generated .img files:

    http://osm.nix.is/archive/2009-10-25/default/13314531.img
    http://osm.nix.is/archive/2009-10-26/default/13314531.img

osmdiff report between the two:

    http://osm.nix.is/diff/archive/2009-10-26/01-day.html
    http://osm.nix.is/diff/archive/2009-10-26/01-day.png

To reproduce this on the latest file just do:

    wget http://osm.nix.is/latest/Iceland.osm.bz2
    bzip2 -d Iceland.osm.bz2

    # Generates flooded map
    mkgmap --generate-sea --remove-short-arcs Iceland.osm

    # Map is not flooded
    mkgmap --generate-sea Iceland.osm